McGinn Law, PC Massachusetts Tax & Estate Law Firm
A practical approach to solving legal problems, always with an eye on the bottom line.
McGinn Law, PC is run by attorneys who have business backgrounds as well as advanced degrees in U.S. Tax Law. Our lawyers bring their in-depth understanding of business and law to every legal transaction we handle — from tax representation with the IRS and DOR, business formation to mediation of business disputes, divorces or probate administrations.
We’re a small and friendly Massachusetts law firm with the in-depth legal, financial and business knowledge our clients need to solve their legal problems and maintain a healthy financial outlook.
We work to find the most economical and financially secure path through any legal matter. Our clients appreciate the attention we pay to the financial aspects of their legal transactions. We view that obtaining an optimal legal solution in any client matter centrally includes consideration of the client’s assets and fully protecting them with the most efficient tax structure.
When we represent clients before the IRS and Massachusetts Department of Revenue (MA DOR) we work from a dispute resolution model based on negotiation as opposed to aggressive attack. Experience has shown us that practical solutions and negotiated settlement almost always result in more positive results for our clients. For that reason we also provide confidential business mediation, divorce mediation and probate mediation services. Finally McGinn Law, PC provides sophisticated and basic estate planning and probate administration.
Direct and responsive access to experienced legal counsel.
One of the benefits of retaining a Massachusetts law firm like McGinn Law, PC is that our clients have immediate access to and a direct connection with their attorneys. Our lawyers personally handle every aspect of each client’s case in a hands-on fashion.
Corain McGinn Esq., LL.M (Tax), MBA
Cambridge, MA Law Offices
Corain McGinn practices in the areas of Tax and Tax Controversies, Mediation, Corporate and Transactional Law, Estate Planning, and Bankruptcy Law. He enjoys finding solutions for people in all aspects of their financial life.
Originally from Ireland, Mr. McGinn is a member of the Massachusetts and New York Bars. He is a past Co-Chair of the Foreign Lawyers Committee at the Boston Bar Association. He is regularly invited to speak at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) and other locations.
Mr. McGinn holds three law degrees and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA). He obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Queens University, Belfast. He obtained his MBA from Georgetown University in Washington DC, a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from Suffolk University in Boston and a Masters of Law in Taxation (LL.M.) from Boston University, Boston. Mr. McGinn was formerly with the Boston law firm of Goodwin Procter LLP.
Prior to practicing law Mr. McGinn worked as a strategy consultant to technology and pharmaceutical companies including Microsoft, Hitachi, Cisco, AMD, Novartis, Merck, and Schering Plough. Mr. McGinn has presented and consulted on the intersection of technology, strategy and regulations around the US, Canada, Japan and Australia. He also has extensive financial analysis and business valuation skills, and has authored many return-on-investment (also known as ROI) studies.
Areas of Practice:
- Tax and Tax Controversies (IRS & DOR Audits, Offers In Compromise, etc)
- Corporate and Transactional Law – Formations, deal structures, vendor and partner contracts
- Estate Planning – Will, Trusts, Durable Power of Attorney, Healthcare Proxy, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Bankruptcy – Chapter 7
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, LL.M. Major: Taxation
- Queen’s University School of Law, Belfast, Northern Ireland, LL.B. (Joint Honors, Law and Accounting)
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, J.D.
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, M.B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Massachusetts Bar, Member
- New York Bar, Member
- United States Federal Court, 1st Circuit, Member
- United States Tax Court, Member
- Untied States Bankruptcy Court
- Boston Bar Association, Past Co-Chair, Foreign Lawyers Committee
- Corain speaks regularly at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), and to interested groups around Massachusetts.